How the bail-out works
Young Chuck moved to Texas and bought a Donkey from a farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the Donkey the next day. The next day he drove up and said:
- Sorry son, but I have some bad News, the donkey died.
- Chuck replied: - Well, then just give me my money back.
- The farmer said: - Can't do that. I went and spent it already.
- Chuck said: - Ok, then, just bring me the dead donkey.
- The farmer asked: - What ya gonna do with him?
- Chuck said, - I'm going to raffle him off.
- The farmer said: - You can't raffle off a dead donkey!
- Chuck said: - Sure I can! Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.
A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked: - What happened with that dead donkey?
- Chuck said: I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a profit of $998.'
- The farmer said: - Didn't anyone complain?
- Chuck said: - Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back.
- Chuck now works for Goldman Sachs.