How to install HP Jetdirect Printer Installer
This article explains how to obtain and install HP JetDirect Printer installer on HP-UX Operating Environment.
- Open http://www.hp.com
- Software and Driver Downloads
- Select the button control: Download drivers and software (and firmware)
- Put the keywords: “printer installer” on the search box.
- Click search.
- Select HP JD Printer Installer for HP-UX 11.x, select HP-UX operating system and download the software bundle.
- Download the package into a temporary directory.
- Upload the installation package by ftp to a temporary directory on the HP-UX system, for example /var/tmp.
- Log in to the system and install the software package.
# swinstall –s /var/tmp/HP11e134.SD \* @ ======= 05/18/07 16:28:35 PDT BEGIN swinstall SESSION (non-interactive) (jobid=yourhost-0004) * Session started for user "root@yourhost". * Beginning Selection * Target connection succeeded for "yourhost:/". * Source: /var/tmp/HP11e134.SD * Targets: yourhost:/ * Software selections: J4189-11001C,r=E.10.34,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_32/64,v=HP HPNPL.HPNPL-MAN,r=E.10.34,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_32/64,v=HP HPNPL.HPNPL-RUN,r=E.10.34,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_32/64,v=HP HPNPL.HPNPL-SL-AUX,r=E.10.34,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_32/64,v=HP HPNPL.HPNPL-SL-MIN,r=E.10.34,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_32/64,v=HP * Selection succeeded. * Beginning Analysis and Execution * Session selections have been saved in the file "/.sw/sessions/swinstall.last". * The analysis phase succeeded for "yourhost:/". * The execution phase succeeded for "yourhost:/". * Analysis and Execution succeeded. NOTE: More information may be found in the agent logfile using the command "swjob -a log yourhost -0004 @ yourhost:/". ======= 05/18/07 16:28:44 PDT END swinstall SESSION (non-interactive) (jobid=yourhost-0004)
After the HPNPL installation, JetDirect administration commands like hppi and addqueue will become available to the system.