How to run a patch assessment?
This guide shows how to run a patch assessment
1. go to the ITRC.hp.com and click on the link patch data base
2. then find the "run a patch assessment" link
3. On step 1 do a "upload new system information:"
4. Inside the upload "new system information" , bring the script "swainv" to your server
5. Run the "swainv" and then download the "inventory.xml" file that woukld be created on the same directory as "swainv"
6. Use the Browse button on the step 3 of the page "upload new system information"
7. Use the Summit button at the end of the page "upload new system information"
8. Go back to "run a patch assessment" page and on step 2 select the option that best fit your needs
9. Use the "display canditate patches" button at the end of the page on step 3
10. Here you can see the list of recommended patches and you may also download them