IUX - Introducing Ignite-UX
This sections covers is based on Chapter 1 of the Ignite-UX Administration Guide.
- What is Ignite-UX ?
- HP-UX 11i installation mechanism.
- HP-UX 11i recommended Backup and Disaster Recovery Mechanism for the system bootable volume group(s).
- Note: Ignite-UX is meant to backup the system bootable volume group, normally /dev/vg00 on LVM or /dev/vx/dgroot on VxVM. Backup data of application data is outside the scope of Ignite-UX, is not recommended and should be strongly discourage.
What are the Ignite-UX common usage scenarios?
- Ignite-UX is the Mechanism use for the HP-UX 11i Operative System installation from:
- Core OS Installation CD/DVDs.
- Network based using Ignite-UX Server.
- Tape/CD/DVD/Network Golden Images
- Backup and Disaster for the HP-UX 11i Operative System Recovery from:
- Tape recovery media
- CD/DVD Recovery media
- Network based media using an Ignite-UX Server
- The latest version of Ignite-UX is C.7.6.100 (June 2008 Release).
- Latest software is avaiable for download at http:/www.docs.hp.com/en/IUX/download.html
- This release of Ignite-UX supports installation and backup of HP-UX 11i v1 (B.11.11), 11i v2 (B.11.23) and 11i v3 (B.11.31) clients.
- Current Ignite-UX contains the fixes and enhancements from previous Ignite-UX releases. This ensures that the latest software is avaialble in one cohesive download.
- Ignite-UX Administration Guide - Chapter 1 - Introducing Ignite-UX http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-3336/ch01.html
BACK TO Ignite-UX Handbook