How to install standard patch bundles on Service Guard
The following is the outline for the basic process to perform node software update in a Service Guard enviroment:
- Create make_tape_recovery archives of both nodes. (or make_net_recovery).
- Take out one node of the cluster configuration to left system run in the single node: Use the command "cmhaltnode".
- Perform the required updates.
- Test that the node works fine after the update. Put back the node into the SG configuration. use the command "cmrunnode".
- Move the packages into the update node. Test that application works fine.
- If all works correctly, repeat steps 2,3 and 4 on the remanent node.
- Move back the packages to last node if desired.